In the latest development surrounding the implementation of the UN brokered peace agreement reached in Sweden between the Yemeni legitimate government and the pro-Iranian Houthi militias earlier this month, Al Arabiya correspondent reported on Saturday that the Yemeni government has not received any notification about the withdrawal of the Houthis from the port of Hodeidah.
The correspondent confirmed that the legitimacy observed redeployment and repositioning of the Houthi militias in the province.
Earlier, the United Nations team – tasked with monitoring the ceasefire between the Houthis and the legitimate government – announced that the Houthis started withdrawing from the port of Hodeidah, the country’s key aid lifeline, under the Sweden peace deal, a UN official said Saturday.
The official, who requested anonymity, said that the Houthis began to pull back from the Red Sea port at midnight Friday (2100 GMT Friday).
On Friday, al-Hadath news channel’s correspondent reported that an agreement was reached to open the eastern road (known as Kilo 16) which links Sanaa with the port city of Hodeidah and Taiz on Saturday.